Head Of Schol: Ian Morton - email@example.com
Address: Big Creative Independent School,
Uplands House, Uplands Business Park C
London, E17 5QJ
Tel: 020 3873 5800
BCE – Alternative Provision, are an alternative to school for year 10/11 and learners interested in Creative Music and Media, who do not feel their current schooling engages them in this area enough for them to succeed. It is a full time course that runs 5 days a week, led by qualified teachers who are also current industry professionals. Here at BCIS have access to music recording studios and media green screen room, radio station, live music rooms, free after school clubs that include activities such as Song writing, Film club, Dance, Drama and Fitness classes, Sports club, Industry lectures, Video production, choir classes and workshops and many more. The Media qualification that runs alongside the Music qualification teaches students how to record and edit videos, make their own T shirts and design clothes, design websites and lots of other creative mediums. We cover trips to industry related venues as well a residential for 2 days. We also do Sports sessions once a week and take part in a short catering life skills course for one term.
- To transform the lives of young people through inspirational teaching, providing exceptional access to career opportunities in the creative industries.
- To get disaffected young people back on track in their lives through high quality vocational courses.
- To be recognised as an outstanding provider and ensure our graduates are empowered to lead purposeful lives with integrity.
- To place the well-being and development of our young people and the local community at the heart of the organisation.
- Music Practitioner Level 1 – Rock School Certificate
- Graphic Design Level 1 – NCFE Award
- Personal and Social Development Level 1- NOCN Award
- BTEC Media Level 1 – Pearsons QCF
- Maths Level 1 and Level 2 – OCR qualification
- English Level 1 and Level 2 – OCR qualification
- English and Maths – GCSE
- Level 2 Music or Media courses at BCE or at other colleges
- Level 2 Gaming,Graphic Design,Media, Fashion
- Level 2 or Level 3 in any discipline at any further education college